Phone: (281) 985-6527
Phone: (281) 985-6529
Phone: (281) 985-6528
Attendance (Parent Liason Clerk) 281-442-0221
We are so glad that you are a part of the MacArthur High School family. It is our goal to provide your child with the essential knowledge and skills needed to become an active, successful citizen. Here at MacArthur Sr. we believe in educating the whole child, and it is our goal as a district to produce the nation’s best. Therefore, we join you in partnership for the academic preparation of your child’s education.
In order to maximize your child’s potential, it is imperative that he/she attend school every day. However, we do understand that circumstances may arise which cause your child to miss a day of instruction. If your child does need to miss school, the absence will be considered unexcused until acceptable documentation is brought to the attendance office the morning that your child returns to school. Acceptable documentation includes:
• A note from the guardian indicating the dates that the student was ill
• A note from a doctor indicating the dates that the student was ill
• Funeral documentation, which includes the date of the funeral
• Court documentation indicating that the student was called to appear
With proper documentation, excused absences are granted for the following reasons:
• Personal illness
• Serious illness or death in the student’s immediate family
• Emergency medical or dental attention
• Absences approved by the principal in advance
• Weather or road conditions making travel dangerous
• Observance of religious holy days that require the student’s participation
• Temporary absence resulting from health care appointments, if that student commences classes or returns to school on the same day of the appointment
A maximum of 10 parent notes will be accepted to excuse absences due to personal and family illness. Any absences beyond this amount will require a doctor’s note to be excused. Additionally, court charges will be filed against the guardian of any student who does not meet the state’s compulsory attendance requirements.
CLICK HERE to access the Aldine ISD Student-Parent Handbook; General Policies - Attendance Policy, pages 8 - 10.
A student who has 4 or more unexcused absences in any class will receive an NG in that course. NG stands for “NO GRADE” and means that no credit will be awarded for the course, even if the student has a passing average. Students who receive an NG will need to repeat the course unless they complete one of the following:
• After school NG tutorials. After school NG tutorial sessions are held Monday through Thursday from 2:45-5:15. An activity bus is available for transportation home.
• NG makeup will ONLY be allowed on MacArthur Sr. High School’s campus.
• NG makeup will be made up HOUR for HOUR.
• NG makeup MUST be completed no later than 10 days at the end of each grading period are no credit will be giving for the course.
• NG makeup CAN begin IMMEDIATELY when a student has accumulated more than 4 unexcused absences in a course.